Deadline: 27 February 2023
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist in Kabul, Afghanistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Knowledge Management for Programmes
- Ensure that area/country programmes are strengthened by knowledge management through data collection and analysis, complete and accurate reporting as well as participation in the Programme Knowledge Network system of “lessons learned” and other corporate-level databases.
- Participate in information exchange through donor and media visits as well as in the development of training and orientation material
- Programme Development and Management
- Contribute to the preparation of the Situation Analysis for programme development.
- Administer a consistent and transparent monitoring system, providing accurate analysis of country level socio-political- economic trends and their implications for ongoing programmes and projects.
- Support preparation of programme work plans as required.
- Responsible for preparation of program recommendations for inclusion in formal programme documentation, and new approaches, methods and practices.
- Optimum Use of Programme Funds
- Assist in establishing programme work plans and monitors progress and compliance.
- Help to manage allocation and disbursement of programme funds, ensuring that funds are properly coordinated, monitored and liquidated.
- Takes appropriate actions to optimize use of programme funds. Ensure programme efficiency and delivery through transparent approach to programme planning, monitoring and evaluation.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or another relevant technical field
- 5 year’s of relevant professional work experience is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Background/familiarity with emergency is considered as an asset
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.