Deadline: 24 June 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist, Gender Responsive Governance in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Manage the implementation and management of the Gender responsive Governance programme
- Finalize the annual workplan, budget, procurement plan and manage their implementation.
- Provide programme advisory support to the Office Management within the thematic area assigned.
- Manage the technical implementation of the programme/ project; provide technical advice; ensure synergies with other teams.
- Review the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports as required.
- Provide guidance to staff and partners on Results Based Management tools and performance indicators.
- Convene periodic Project Steering Committee, project review and/or evaluation meetings.
- Oversee technical assistance and capacity development to project/programme partners
- Provide technical advice to partners; oversee the provision of technical guidance by the team.
- Build, manage, and expand relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the Gender responsive Governance programme; respond to any potential challenges.
- Serve as an expert resource to partners on Gender responsive Governance.
- Provide technical advice to MCO teams on Gender responsive Governance and ensure synergies with other teamleads (teams).
- Implement and oversee capacity building opportunities and initiatives.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 7 year’s of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Technical experience in Gender and Governance.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Experience working in the UN System is an asset.
- Experience in leading/managing a team is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.