Deadline: 24 June 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist, Gender Responsive Governance in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Manage the implementation and management of the Gender responsive Governance programme
- Finalize the annual workplan, budget, procurement plan and manage their implementation.
- Provide programme advisory support to the Office Management within the thematic area assigned.
- Manage the technical implementation of the programme/ project; provide technical advice; ensure synergies with other teams.
- Review the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports as required.
- Provide guidance to staff and partners on Results Based Management tools and performance indicators.
- Convene periodic Project Steering Committee, project review and/or evaluation meetings.
- Oversee technical assistance and capacity development to project/programme partners
- Provide technical advice to partners; oversee the provision of technical guidance by the team.
- Build, manage, and expand relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the Gender responsive Governance programme; respond to any potential challenges.
- Serve as an expert resource to partners on Gender responsive Governance.
- Provide technical advice to MCO teams on Gender responsive Governance and ensure synergies with other teamleads (teams).
- Implement and oversee capacity building opportunities and initiatives.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 7 year’s of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Technical experience in Gender and Governance.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Experience working in the UN System is an asset.
- Experience in leading/managing a team is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.