Deadline: 10 October 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist in Beirut, Lebanon.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist will perform following functions-
- Coordinate and provide support on overall Knowledge & Innovation Management (KIM) strategy/action plan for UNICEF Lebanon, including assessment of Innovations gaps, opportunities, design, planning and implementation in close collaboration with Office of Innovation and Regional Office.
- Provide support and technical assistance to the Country Office in the identification, selection, concept design and roll-out and sustainability of KIM interventions to address bottlenecks towards the achievement of programme results.
- Conduct participatory action research to identify the needs of programme sections with the aim to enhance operations implementation at UNICEF, which will in turn shape the KIM strategy.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of an organized learning hub that will serve to stakeholders on strategic, essential, and relevant techniques/skills for specific to their jobs, the organization as whole, as well as the community of practice.
- Contribute to the development of a knowledge hub, a platform led by UNICEF, aiming at organizing each sector’s relevant information.
- Ensure close coordination with UN agencies and other partners to make the creation of this portal an inclusive process.
- Develop and facilitate a systematic approach to the documentation of programmes’s lessons learnt and best practices.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, Management, Business Administration, Computer Science or related field such as Information Technology, Information Systems, Engineering or Statistics.
- First university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of advanced university degree.
- 5 years of professional experience in experience in the information and knowledge management field including planning, design, preparation and delivery of projects/programmes on information and knowledge management systems and work plans in large and complex organisations.
- International and Developing country work experience.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.