Deadline : 27 February 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist (Polio) in Peshawar, Pakistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Programme Specialist (Polio) will perform the following functions:
- Programme management and planning
- Provide strategic leadership, management, and supervision of all UNICEF polio staff assigned to the Peshawar Field Office.
- Oversee activities of staff to support polio eradication activities in Pakistan.
- Advisory services and technical support
- Develop, monitor and evaluate activities to decrease the number of missed children during campaigns, and ensures the sharing and coordination of experience, new methods and approaches to access to government officials, programme staff, WHO, and other UNICEF partners.
- Support the effective operation of the Emergency Operations Centre.
- Review COMNet deployment criteria, monthly activities plans, social profiles in all priority 1 districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP).
- Lead the collaboration with Routine Immunization by developing integrated work plan, providing technical support (e.g. assessment and monitoring) with polio asset, supporting capacity building, integrating communication, etc.
- Programme monitoring and delivery of results
- Plan and/or collaborate with internal and external partners to establish monitoring benchmarks and performance indicators and measurements to assess and strengthen performance accountability, coherence and delivery of concrete and sustainable results for the polio eradication programme in Pakistan.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual sectoral reviews, national and subnational campaigns, with the government and other counterparts to assess progress and to determine required action / interventions for polio eradication.
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Develop and manage partnerships with government departments / sectors, religious groups, traditional leaders, teachers, artists, and other organized groups in the community, as well as civil society organizations, to orient them on provincial programme goals and to solicit their involvement in the implementation of the provincial programmes.
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with polio eradication programme partners and health sector government counterparts, national provincial and district level stakeholders, as well as allies, donors, and academia.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Promote critical thinking, innovative approaches and good practices for sustainable polio eradication programme initiatives.
- Keep abreast, research, benchmark, and implement best and cutting edge practices in the management of the polio eradication programme.
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures and introduce innovation and best practices to ensure optimum efficiency and efficacy of sustainable polio eradication programme in Pakistan.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in one of the following fields is required: Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, Public health (preferably in epidemiology or child health), pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and / or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 8 year’s of relevant professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: public health (including EPI) planning and management, maternal and neonatal health care, or health emergency / humanitarian preparedness.
- Experience in Polio Eradication is considered as an asset.
- Experience working in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Developing country work experience and / or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language (Pashtu and Urdu) is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.