Deadline: 27 July 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist, Women, Peace and Security and Humanitarian Action in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Specialist, Women, Peace and Security and Humanitarian Action will perform the following functions-
- Design and develop programme strategies in the area of women, peace and security and humanitarian action
- Design and formulate programme/ project proposals and initiatives.
- Draft inputs to country strategy documents, briefs, policy dialogue and other documents related to women, peace and security and humanitarian action.
- Manage the implementation and management of the women, peace and security and humanitarian action programme
- Finalize the annual workplan and budget and manage their implementation.
- Manage the technical implementation of the programme/project; ensure synergies with other teams.
- Manage the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports.
- Provide guidance to staff and partners on Results Based Management tools and performance indicators.
- Organize Project Steering Committee, project review and/or evaluation meetings, as needed.
- Manage technical assistance and capacity development to project/programme partners
- Manage the implementation of technical advice and guidance. Develop and implement technical tools, and initiatives.
- Build and manage relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the women, peace and security and humanitarian action programme including livelihood focused strategies; respond to any potential problems.
- Identify capacity building needs of partners and lead the coordination of technical assistance, mentoring, training and capacity development initiatives to partners.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 year’s of progressively responsible work experience at the national or international level in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Technical experience in women, peace and security, gender in humanitarian action, including livelihood focused programming.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Experience working in the UN System is an asset.
- Experience in leading/managing a team is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Myanmar is required.
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.