Deadline: 31 May 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist – Women’s Economic Empowerment in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Programme Specialist – Women’s Economic Empowerment will perform the following functions-
- Design, and develop programme strategies related to Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) portfolio encompassing technical vocational skills, income generation linkages, life skills and literacy/education:
- Design and formulate programme/project proposals and initiatives; Identify programmatic areas for support and interventions within the WEE.
- Draft inputs to country strategy documents, briefs, policy dialogue and other documents related to the Rohingya refugee crisis response.
- Manage the implementation and management of WEE portfolio:
- Finalize the annual workplan and budget and manage their implementation.
- Initiate new projects identified in the Livelihood Strategy and improving value-chain and market linkages, together with the partner,manage the technical implementation of the programme/project.
- Ensure synergies with other teams.
- Manage the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports.
- Provide guidance to staff and partners on Results Based Management tools and performance indicators.
- Organize Project Steering Committee, project review and/or evaluation meetings, as needed.
- Prepare and launch Request for Proposals (RFPs); review partners proposals and budget, as necessary.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 year’s of progressively responsible work experience at the national or international level in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of gender and development projects.
- Strong technical experience in Women’s Economic Empowerment/income generation, value-chain, market linkages, promoting life-skills development and education/literacy for women.
- Technical experience in humanitarian response.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Experience working in the UN System is an asset.
- Experience in leading/managing a team is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
- Knowledge of Bangla is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.