Deadline: 27 February 2020
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Yaounde, Cameroon.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions-
- Project Management
- Ensure the implementation of all social project activities within the deadlines and standards required by Plan International Cameroon and UNHCR procedures (protection of children, GBV, education and strengthening of the economic power of victims of GBV and case management).
- Implement both components (UNHCR Funded and DAFI Programs) in a comprehensive way.
- Ensure that the logical framework of the project is well understood by the project team.
- Ensure that the project’s M&E is well conducted in order to help decision-making for the smooth running of the project.
- Supervise the work of the project teams in Yaoundé and Douala.
- Make frequent trips to the project areas to monitor project activities, identify opportunities and constraints and make any necessary adjustments, including capacity building.
- Team Management
- Ensure good coaching for strengthening the capacities of staffs.
- Ensure development and follow up of coaching and mentoring plans.
- Ensure implementation of Plan policies and values.
- Support the long-lasting integration / inclusion of urban refugee and asylum seekers into existing programmes / services and in the local economic circuit through decent employment or self-entrepreneurship.
- Engage Development partners to support the economic inclusion of urban refugees of Yaoundé and Douala.
- Engage in advocacy for the respect of the rights of refugees.
- Ensure full package of refugees-UNHCR and DAFI programs as a comprehensive package.
- Ensure good management of the project premises and assets.
- Represent Plan International in all interactions with the public services and partners.
- Support activities of the teams in Douala and Yaoundé.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Advanced University Degree (Bachelor’s preferably Master’s) or equivalent in social sciences, or other relevant field.
- At least 5 year’s experience working with youths programming.
- Experience is resilience / recovery and / or with a developing organization is an advantage.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Good knowledge and field experience in urban refugee policy, guidelines is an asset.
- Good knowledge and understanding of humanitarian principles and established international child protection standards is an asset.
- Good team management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, visit Plan International.