Deadline: 10 August 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager- Protection (Gender Based Violence) in Sittwe, Myanmar.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Project Manager- Protection (Gender Based Violence) will perform the following functions:
- Project Management And Leadership:
- Coordinate, plan and monitor GBV project activities.
- Ensure the highest quality of the sectoral interventions, and the coherence between all projects, ongoing and proposed, according to the overall protection strategy and taking into account remote monitoring modalities.
- Take leadership of GBV projects in terms of high quality and timely deliverables, narrative reporting and financial overviews, close cooperation with donors, Government counterparts and coordination mechanisms on site, and in synergy with other DRC interventions in the area.
- Formalize and develop project related operational tools and training modules, with support from the Integrated Protection Manager.
- Provide input for monthly, quarterly, interim, and annual donor reports as well as ad hoc donor requests.
- Provide overall budget monitoring, financial management and expenses control for the project activities, including compliance with minimum DRC and donor requirements.
- Program Development, Strategy And External Relations
- Representation of DRC and active participation in GBV sector meetings and relevant sub sectors/working groups.
- Oversee knowledge sharing across teams, and ensure that monitoring and evaluation results are understood and used to improve programs.
- Drive the development and growth of the relevant programs within the DRC program objectives, including proposal development, and feed into country-wide strategy development.
- Ensure adaptiveness of programming with the ongoing emergency response, in coordination with and supported by the Integrated Protection Manager.
- Ensure cooperation and integration with GP and Child Protection programmes through working with the other project managers and team leaders.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 5 year’s of experience in NGO projects, particularly in managing/leading protection projects.
- At least 2 year’s experience with people management.
- Master’s Degree desirable.
- Undergraduate Degree in relevant subject (gender studies, nursing, counselling/mental health, social sciences etc) is required.
- Experience in producing high-quality technical material (training material, programme tools, proposals, strategic documents etc.).
- Professional proficiency in English and Burmese.
- Excellent communication skills for external audiences (including governments and donors).
- Experience working in conflict contexts or humanitarian response.
- Experience working with monitoring and evaluation.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.