Deadline: 28 February 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer in Abuja, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Project Officer will perform the following functions-
- Facilitate the implementation of the Project Document and Annual Work Plans:
- Work in close collaboration with the partners to ensure prompt and effective execution of the project activities through quality technical advisory support, hands on assistance to implement the planned activities, provide sound programmatic analysis of project activities in the targeted States to offer durable solutions, support in the programme implementation, and advise on potential UN/UNDP Country Office and national response.
- Support coordination of the project implementation:
- In close partnership and working relationship with other United Nations implementing Agencies on the project, state partners and UNDP, the incumbent shall ensure effective coordination and collaboration with partners, the UN system and other development partners’ focal points in conducting joint analysis, plan, formulation and implementation of project initiatives.
- Ensure that the national mechanisms (Project Technical Commitee and the Joint Project Steering Committee) for Integrated Approach to Building Peace in Nigeria’s Farmer-Herder Crisis project is functional and inclusive of all relevant partners – national, states, civil society and international development partners/donors and is gender sensitive.
- Support the project resource mobilization and reporting:
- Within the scope of this assignment and under the direct supervision of the Project Manager (International), and in tandem with the CO resource mobilization strategy, the incumbent shall support the CO to prepare ToRs for recruitments, plan for meetings with State-level and National Stakeholders and Partners in Project implementation and resource mobilization.
- Monitor and regularly brief the Project Manager (International) on progress towards implementation of the annual work plan.
- Support the CO’s effort on resource mobilization, provide input into resource mobilization documents and partnership building relating to the Integrated Approach to Building Peace in Nigeria’s Farmer-Herder Crisis project.
- Support the development of knowledge products:
- Assist UNDP in the development of knowledge products – situation briefs, updates or reports; and prepare and submit regular mission reports and make useful recommendations that can help to deepen the project impact/results.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree in Social Science, Arts, Sociology, Law and humanities, Dispute Resolution / Peace Studies or other relevant fields.
- At least 5 year’s development experience with national or international organizations, 2 of which must be in the area of peacebuilding.
- Cognate experience and evidence of competence in working with national and / or international partners, such as, UN, government and CSOs is desired.
- Sound technical report writing skill and proven ability to engage with multiple stakeholders to achieve desired results.
- Previous working experience with UN agencies is an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.