Deadline: 11 August 2020
Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer in Zambia.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Project Officer will perform the following functions-
- Programme Development and Delivery:
- Ensure project outcome delivered to quality required by the programme (with specified risks and benefits), to schedule within set budgets and scope.
- Provide a support in the coordination and implementation of the SANOP Zambia Chapter activities, in liaison with relevant stakeholders ensuring project management standards are followed and deadlines met.
- Participate actively in the development of the Zambia annual project plans in accordance with the country and regional strategies and policies.
- Identify partners working on VSO thematic areas, and conduct capacity assessments of potential partners and develop placement descriptions for volunteer placements with the identified partners in collaboration with the country director.
- Facilitate researches to inform evidence based advocacy and other programme interventions for the SANOP Zambia programme
- Project coordination, monitoring and reporting:
- Undertake proper collection, monitoring and use of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyse SANOP performance, trends and target interventions.
- Prepare monthly programme reports for submission to the SANOP programme manager Assist in tracking progress of project components to ensure schedules and deadlines are being met in compliance with VSO and donor requirements.
- Assist volunteers to organise national and international knowledge management and exchange sessions.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- At least 3 – 5 year’s programming experience.
- Excellent computer skills (word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, internet).
- Ability to solve basic network IT problems and willingness to develop these skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English ).
- Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning/participating in evaluations.
- Experience of a demanding workload and ability to prioritize and effectively manage time in order to deliver high quality work to tight schedules.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relations with colleagues, volunteers, SANOP stakeholders, including managing difficult situations.
- Experience of contributing to successful funding proposals for donors.
- Degree in any social science field.
- Knowledge/qualifications of monitoring and evaluation is an added advantage.
- Good written and oral communication in English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit VSO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.