Deadline: 11 August 2020
Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer in Zimbabwe.
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Officer will perform the following functions-
- Programme Development and Delivery:
- Ensure project outcome delivered to quality required by the programme (with specified risks and benefits), to schedule within set budgets and scope.
- Provide a support in the coordination and implementation of the SANOP Zimbabwe Chapter activities, in liaison with relevant stakeholders.
- Participate actively in the development of the Zimbabwe annual project plans in accordance with the country and regional strategies and policies.
- Identify partners working on VSO thematic areas, and conduct capacity assessments of potential partners and develop placement descriptions for volunteer placements with the identified partners in collaboration with the country director.
- Facilitate researches to inform evidence based advocacy and other programme interventions for the SANOP Zimbabwe programme
- Prepare monthly programme reports for submission to the SANOP programme manager.
- Assist in tracking progress of project components to ensure schedules and deadlines are being met in compliance with VSO and donor requirements.
- Assist volunteers to organise national and international knowledge management and exchange sessions.
- In coordination with the SANOP Programme Manager, assist in sensitizing and recruiting chapter members.
- Resource Mobilisation:
- Ensure appropriate human resource in terms of skills, competencies, capabilities and capacity is made available to facilitate the effective design, implementation and monitoring of the project
- Grant Management:
- Effectively manage donor grant allocated to project, ensuring appropriate reporting in place.
- Oversee the project budget and monitor all income and expenditure monthly and prepare regular reports for VSO and donor.
Applicants must have:
- At least 3 – 5 year’s programming experience.
- Excellent computer skills (word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, internet).
- Degree in any social science field.
- Knowledge/qualifications of monitoring and evaluation is an added advantage.
- Good written and oral communication in English.
- Ability to solve basic network IT problems and willingness to develop these skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English ).
- Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning/participating in evaluations.
- Experience of a demanding workload and ability to prioritize and effectively manage time in order to deliver high quality work to tight schedules.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relations with colleagues, volunteers, SANOP stakeholders, including managing difficult situations.
- Experience of contributing to successful funding proposals for donors.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit VSO.