Deadline: 20 January 2020
WWF-India is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer / Senior Project Officer- Community Engagement (TAL) in Haldwani, India.
The Project Officer / Senior Project Officer will be responsible for implementing project related work in WWF India’s landscape in the Terai region (Corbett-Ramnagar-Nandhaur region of the Terai Arc Landscape) and will closely work with local communities on issues related to governance and livelihood, with a special focus on the development of market linkages, marketing strategies value chains and market for products being developed as a part of the livelihood generation exercise.
WWF-India’s mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Officer / Senior Project Officer will perform the following functions-
- Programme Development
- Provide field information and assist the team in preparation of quality funding proposals and get buy in from stakeholders for implementing those projects.
- Assist in selection of associates and partners as well as team members for implementing community based conservation in the landscape.
- Programme Implementation
- Work with the team and under supervision of the Coordinator, Communities – TAL for executing, implementing and monitoring community based programmes, corridor conservation activities as per approved work plan.
- Work closely with Coordinator – Communities (TAL) and other colleagues in the landscape team to identify key areas of intervention with local communities, both thematic and geographical.
- Strengthen community institutions and community-level decision-making processes with a focus on natural resource management and environmental governance.
- Develop Value chains, Marketing strategies and business plans for products developed by local communities’ in the landscape.
- Implement project activities and Monitoring & Evaluation to demonstrate impact of community engagement in conservation.
- Assist in proposal development, project management including formulating workplans, reporting, documenting, monitoring, financial management and delivery of agreed targets.
- Networking & Advocacy
- Liaise with other partner organizations/ online platforms/ niche product development organizations to coordinate activities, with special reference to community based conservation and market development.
- Facilitate information flow from partners/landscape about conservation and livelihood issues to Landscape team and the secretariat.
- Provide monthly updates to the Coordinator – TAL (Uttarakhand) and Coordinator – Communities (TAL)on the progress of the assigned work a pre-designed work-plan.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly technical reports, scientific publications and other communication material.
Applicants must have:
- Fresher from University/ College with 2-3 year’s of work experience can be considered as Project Officer.
- 3-5 year’s of relevant field experience can be considered as Senior Project Officer.
- Relevant experience in community-related projects related to wildlife conservation, natural resource management, livelihoods, energy access and governance is preferred.
- Masters Degree preferably in Social Sciences, MBA, Social Work, Public Policy, Development or a related field.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Please submit an up-to-date CV (mentioning applicant’s full name in the resume attachment), giving details regarding compensation received in the present assignment, expected salary, and three references via email at the address given on the website, with ‘PO-Community Engagement’ in the subject line.
For more information, please visit WWF.