Deadline: 27 February 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Protection Assistant in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.The duration of this post is 12 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Protection Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Provide immediate and relevant assistance to beneficiaries: accurate information and details about WFP services in the relevant location.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits at WFP establishments (GFD points, E-Voucher shops, Nutrition centers etc.) using as much as possible an age, gender and diversity approach, in order to fully understand protection concerns and priorities.
- Assess the resources available to the targeted community to increase their own safety and protection.
- Enhance and facilitate discussion on main protection issues that are of concern in WFP operations and protection issues related to food insecurity.
- Conduct informative sessions, record feedback (comments, suggestions) and report results back to Protection Officer on issues of concern with recommended areas of interventions.
- Maintain clear follow up tracking procedures for each case following WFP CSFM Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs), under the supervision of the Protection associate.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in social sciences, psychology, law or other relevant field, or undergraduate degree with demonstrated strong experience.
- At least 2 years similar experience.
- Diverse Protection and field experience desirable.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and respect for people with special needs and other vulnerability.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- Experience of work in the UN or NGO or voluntary sector is preferred but not essential.
- Good spoken and written English / Rohingya and relevant computer skills.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.