Deadline: 29 August 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Assistant – Women and Girls Empowerment in Kakuma, Kenya. The duration of this post is 4 months.
The Protection Assistant – Women and Girls Empowerment will work under the overall supervision of the protection manager with support from the Protection Officer (SGBV) and will lead the direct implementation of Women and Girls Empowerment (WGE) activities in both Kakuma Refugee Camp and Kalobeyei Settlement.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Protection Assistant – Women and Girls Empowerment will perform the following functions:
- Project Implementation:
- Take lead in implementation of programmes and activities aimed at increasing Girl Child/Female participation and involvement in DRC project activities as well as their improved access to services.
- Manage the women support centre and ensure that women and girls have unrestricted access to centre and services offered therein.
- Identify and promote culturally appropriate/relevant interventions geared towards improved physical and reproductive health, social skills (conflict resolution, problem solving, empathy and relationship building) and self-sufficiency of targeted women.
- Support in the identification of extremely vulnerable girls and young women for appropriate direct DRC support or referral to other actors for services not offered at DRC.
- Budget Management:
- Ensure timely procurement of quality project items in line with DRC procurement procedures and that distribution is done appropriately.
- Staff Management:
- Directly supervise the work of community incentive workers and women support centre board of management.
- Ensure Community Incentive Workers’ monthly work plans are developed and reviewed regularly.
- Hold regular meetings with staff to plan and address any concerns and share feedback.
- Monitor and provide objective feedback related to staff performance, including completing staff performance development evaluations to promote growth and professional development.
- Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support in conducting assessment and analysis of camp and programme dynamics and in recommending how the project can position itself to better serve the interests of the community.
- Support the MEL staff to develop project monitoring and evaluation tools and assist in mid-term and end of project evaluations.
- Ensure safe and proper documentation and storage/filling of all WGE related program materials.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, sociology, law, Gender and Development).
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential
- Minimum 2 years of work experience within the field of protection, sexual and gender based violence programming, social work.
- Experience working diverse communities within the refugee camp set up.
- Experience in implementing behavior change communication and community mobilization strategies such as SASA! EMAP, Community Based Protection and others.
- Experience in working with people from diverse background and cultures.
- Clear understanding of Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
- Experience with capacity building of staff, and in convening and facilitating trainings and workshops.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills (English).
- Nationality of Kenya.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must upload both a letter of application and your CV and do not attach any written recommendations through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.