Deadline: 7 June 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Coordinator in Kunduz, Afghanistan.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Protection Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Assist with the implementation of the protection function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Provide overall support to all activities related to Community Based Education and Jobs Skills training activities.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Social Science, BBA, Management and Economics is required.
- At least 4 year’s of professional experience in the humanitarian sector with international organizations, ideally in an emergency response or field-based humanitarian protection role.
- Strong understanding of risks, stakeholders and dynamics relevant to humanitarian protection of vulnerable displaced persons in Afghanistan.
- Demonstrated ability in English, Dari and Pashto spoken language skills, and in particular strong English writing ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both local field staff and international practitioners.
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.