Deadline: 6 August 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Officer – GBV (Gender Based Violence) Response in Mrauk Oo, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 5 months.
The Protection Officer – GBV Response will implement, monitor and provide technical support to all activities related to GBV response in Mrauk and Kyauk Taw.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Protection Officer will perform the following functions:
- GBV Awareness
- Facilitate and co-facilitate awareness raising, focus group discussions (FGD) and other community engagement activities about violence and gender relations.
- Roll out curricula on Gender Based Violence and train Women and Girls Centers facilitators and case workers based on needs and context.
- Mentor Women and Girls Centers Facilitators to conduct support groups for women at risk and to better offer psychosocial support to survivors of Gender Based Violence.
- Collaborate in the recruitment field-based case workers.
- Program Management
- Write and submit weekly updates and monthly reports.
- Supervise GBV response assistants, Case Workers and ensure they comply with their duties and responsibilities.
- Fill and submit Purchase Requisitions, Travel Authorizations and any other DRC administrative forms as needed.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the protection team to guarantee a broader and more consistent reach of DRC activities.
- Collaborate with different stakeholders to ensure safe referrals and survivor centered response.
- Coordinate with other DRC departments to ensure the effective use of the logistical and financial resources.
- Collaborate with other NGOs and government agencies in Zone 1 (health, legal aid, child protection, livelihood) to ensure that survivors receive referral services in a timely manner.
- Human Resources
- Write Job Descriptions, publish vacancies and identify suitable candidates for field based GBV staff (such as Case Workers, Women group’s facilitators, guards and outreach workers).
- Recruit, monitor, supervise and provide on going support to Case Workers and GBV assistants.
- Evaluate the performance of GBV assistants and Case Workers every 6 months.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, Social Work, Public Health, or related disciplines.
- Training certificates related to SRH, GBV case management and MHPSS.
- Coaching and Mentoring to the office-based field level and community based incentive workers.
- At least 2 years’ experience in protection, community development, social science or health related fields.
- Experience working with vulnerable communities.
- Excellent knowledge of protection and human rights.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to use own initiative, analytical skills and ability to identify needs, risks, and vulnerabilities.
- Excellent training, presentation skills, interpersonal skills and ability to work with interpretation.
- Advanced experience working both independently and as part of a team.
- Advanced coordination experience within and between agencies.
- Fluency in written and spoken Burmese and English.
- Additional local languages would be an asset.
- Strong communication skill with flexibility, mutual respect and compliance manner.
- Knowledge on GBV Information Management System (GBV IMS).
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must be submit their applications in English (consisting of Cover Letter, Passport Photo and CV of no more than 4 pages, through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.