Deadline: 21 July 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Officer in Kunduz, Afghanistan.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Protection Officer will perform the following functions:
- Assist with the implementation of the protection function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Provide overall support to all activities related to Community Based Education and Jobs Skills training activities.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Social Science, BBA, Management and Economics is required.
- At least 3 year’s previous work experience with a satisfactory performance in the same or similar functional area with UN or international NGOs.
- Knowledge and ability to use information management to improve the delivery of assistance to EVI.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive relations with clients by gaining their trust and respect, as well as to identify clients’ needs and match them to appropriate solutions.
- Ability to monitor ongoing developments in and around area of responsibility to keep informed and anticipate problems, as well as meet timeline for delivery of services to clients.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written in English) skills, including the ability to convey complex.
- Experience from working as a Protection Function Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.