Deadline: 29 February 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Quality Assurance Manager in Yola, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for strategic leadership, technical guidance, and management of the Quality Assurance portfolio.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Quality Assurance Manager will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Provide strategic leadership and management oversight of the DRC Nigeria Quality Assurance department, with a portfolio including grants management, programme quality, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, and information management.
- Line manage and provide technical support to the Reporting & Communications Specialist, MEAL Coordinator and the Grants Officer.
- In coordination with the DRC / DDG Head of Programmes, Technical Sector Coordinators and Area managers ensure high quality and evidence-based programme design and proposal development, monitoring and evaluation, and learning processes are streamlined throughout the country mission.
- Support the Country Director and Heads of Programmes to identify fundraising opportunities and take responsibility for timely submission of all concept notes and proposals.
- Systematize DRC Nigeria M&E and ensure project specific M&E is established, for the ease of reporting, and programme accountability.
- Develop and maintain processes for grant and contract management.
- Ensure timely compliance with all internal and external grants management requirements, including contractual compliance and reporting.
- Proactively manage grant and contract performance, working with Programme and Support colleagues in identifying risks and minimize them.
- Liaise with relevant DRC West Africa Regional Office and HQ counterparts responsible for programme design, reporting, and monitoring and evaluation.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- 5 year’s of professional experience in humanitarian emergency contexts with QA responsibilities, preferable to have at least 2 year’s of experience at senior management level.
- Advanced University Degree (or Bachelor level qualification with equivalent years of professional experience) in a relevant field such as social sciences, development studies, international / humanitarian law, communications or similar.
- Knowledge and experience working with relevant sectoral areas implemented by DRC-DDG Nigeria programmes – including protection, food security, WASH, shelter, NFIs, mine action, mine risk education, and armed violence reduction.
- Proven ability to lead a high performing and diverse team, manage performance, foster a positive working environment and manage issues sensitively and diplomatically.
- Extensive knowledge of US and European institutional donors and their compliance requirements with proven experience of developing successful funding proposals and overseeing large complex grants.
- Excellent understanding of the principles of budgeting, financial and contract management.
- Outcome focused and proven ability to think strategically and plan, prioritize and organize a department / team’s work to meet organization-wide strategic objectives.
- Excellent influencing, presentation and communication skills including verbal and written English, active listening and the ability to tailor communication to different audiences.
- Ability to manage a large and varied workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Illustrated commitment to, and a good understanding of, the DRC’s values and mandate and the ability to bring these alive in your work.
- Ability to live and work in an insecure and high-stress environment.
- English – fluency, with a demonstrated capacity for high quality written and verbal command of the language.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, visit DRC.