Deadline: 29 February 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Quality Assurance Manager in Yola, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for strategic leadership, technical guidance, and management of the Quality Assurance portfolio.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Quality Assurance Manager will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Provide strategic leadership and management oversight of the DRC Nigeria Quality Assurance department, with a portfolio including grants management, programme quality, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, and information management.
- Line manage and provide technical support to the Reporting & Communications Specialist, MEAL Coordinator and the Grants Officer.
- In coordination with the DRC / DDG Head of Programmes, Technical Sector Coordinators and Area managers ensure high quality and evidence-based programme design and proposal development, monitoring and evaluation, and learning processes are streamlined throughout the country mission.
- Support the Country Director and Heads of Programmes to identify fundraising opportunities and take responsibility for timely submission of all concept notes and proposals.
- Systematize DRC Nigeria M&E and ensure project specific M&E is established, for the ease of reporting, and programme accountability.
- Develop and maintain processes for grant and contract management.
- Ensure timely compliance with all internal and external grants management requirements, including contractual compliance and reporting.
- Proactively manage grant and contract performance, working with Programme and Support colleagues in identifying risks and minimize them.
- Liaise with relevant DRC West Africa Regional Office and HQ counterparts responsible for programme design, reporting, and monitoring and evaluation.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- 5 year’s of professional experience in humanitarian emergency contexts with QA responsibilities, preferable to have at least 2 year’s of experience at senior management level.
- Advanced University Degree (or Bachelor level qualification with equivalent years of professional experience) in a relevant field such as social sciences, development studies, international / humanitarian law, communications or similar.
- Knowledge and experience working with relevant sectoral areas implemented by DRC-DDG Nigeria programmes – including protection, food security, WASH, shelter, NFIs, mine action, mine risk education, and armed violence reduction.
- Proven ability to lead a high performing and diverse team, manage performance, foster a positive working environment and manage issues sensitively and diplomatically.
- Extensive knowledge of US and European institutional donors and their compliance requirements with proven experience of developing successful funding proposals and overseeing large complex grants.
- Excellent understanding of the principles of budgeting, financial and contract management.
- Outcome focused and proven ability to think strategically and plan, prioritize and organize a department / team’s work to meet organization-wide strategic objectives.
- Excellent influencing, presentation and communication skills including verbal and written English, active listening and the ability to tailor communication to different audiences.
- Ability to manage a large and varied workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Illustrated commitment to, and a good understanding of, the DRC’s values and mandate and the ability to bring these alive in your work.
- Ability to live and work in an insecure and high-stress environment.
- English – fluency, with a demonstrated capacity for high quality written and verbal command of the language.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, visit DRC.