Deadline: 29 February 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Reporting & Communications Specialist in Yola, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Reporting and Communication Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that all information and data collected from the field is compiled, documented, analyzed and reported in a results-based and timely manner for DRC Nigeria internal purposes and as per donor requirements.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Reporting & Communications Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Under the direction of the QAM and in coordination with programme sector managers and the M&E Specialist, ensure timely compilation of programme and project data to meet the internal, donor, and sector coordination reporting requirements by the deadline.
- Ensure templates and processes are fit for purpose to collect relevant quantitative and qualitative information required for reporting to a range of stakeholders.
- Conduct capacity building with programme and support unit staff to ensure reporting requirements and toolkits are used effectively.
- Provide editing and quality assurance of all internal and external reports for review by the QAM prior to dissemination.
- Ensure that all grants and subsequent documents are uploaded to Dynamics timely and relevant information is updated.
- Under the direction of the QAM, develop, implement, and monitor a communication and visibility plan to facilitate better understanding among partners, donors, beneficiaries and host communities, media, the general public, and government stakeholders about DRC-DDG as an organization and programme achievements and progress.
- Act as the focal point for collecting and compiling information to produce external communication products promoting the contribution of DRC-DDG Nigeria to the crisis response, ensuring protection principles and standards are adhered to in all products disseminated publicly.
- Undertake field visits to produce creative and engaging communications products to raise awareness of the crisis in northeast Nigeria and the humanitarian response efforts of DRC-DDG.
- Provide high-quality editing of text and visual materials and products to the standard required for public dissemination.
- Support programme unit to compile high-quality concept papers and proposals, especially your role will be a compilation of inputs and editing of concept / proposal documents.
- Ensure updating of DRC Nigeria grant files for ease of reference.
- Regularly update rant portfolio document, highlighting reporting timelines, as well as concept and proposal development timelines.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- At least 2-3 year’s of professional experience working with humanitarian / development organizations with responsibilities for grants, reporting and / or communications.
- University Degree in a relevant field such as social sciences, development studies, journalism, communications or similar.
- Certification or equivalent professional experience in graphic design, publishing, or similar
- Knowledge of relevant sectoral areas implemented by DRC-DDG Nigeria programmes – including protection, food security, WASH, shelter, NFIs, mine action, mine risk education, and armed violence reduction.
- Highly developed skills and demonstrated capacity in editing of written and audio-visual reporting and communication products to the quality required for submission and dissemination to external audiences.
- Advanced computer literacy in publishing and design software (Office suite, Adobe, InDesign, etc), evidenced by a portfolio of communications products produced by the candidate.
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural environment with competing priorities, tight deadlines, and in a complex emergency context.
- Ability to live and work in an insecure and high-stress environment.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.