Deadline : 26 February 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Resource Mobilization Officer in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Resource Mobilization Officer will perform the following functions:
- Timely and accurate reporting and monitoring of donor reports.
- Support fundraising and other missions through the compilation and preparation of briefing and other programme documents for advocacy and information sharing purposes.
- In collaboration with Section Heads to compile, produce and disseminate mandatory UNICEF reports, including the Annual Report.
- Manage the CO resource mobilisation strategy and development of fundraising proposals in line with the overall fundraising strategy.
- In collaboration with Advocacy and partnership ensure the availability of human stories and photographs to enhance donor reporting and other reporting.
- Engage with donors and county governments for resource mobilisation and resource leveraging in support of programmes for children and adolescents.
- Under the guidance of the Chief of PME, provide assistance in drafting KCO annual Report as well as regular update reporting to ESARO and HQ.
- Maintain regular contact with programme sections in order to ensure an updated and comprehensive knowledge base on UNICEF programmes for use in developing materials for resource mobilisation and donor reporting.
- Maintain a list of pending proposals in the pipeline scored based on probability of funding and present this at monthly CMT meetings.
- Work closely with the Budget Officer to inform the office decisions about funding availability and projections.
- Develop and maintain records of reports, proposals and other material developed for reporting and fundraising to support ‘institutional memory’ within the office’s Enterprise Content Management (ECM) platform.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Communication, Journalism, Public Relations.
- Equivalent professional work experience in resource mobilisation, coordination, communication, etc.
- 2 year’s progressively responsible professional work experience in development agency, resource mobilisation or communication field handling development issues.
- Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
- Specific skills in writing reports, proposals.
- Fluency in English required and another UN language desirable.
- Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, visit UNICEF.