Deadline: 15 January 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Adviser Innovation in Stockholm, Sweden.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Adviser Innovation will perform the following functions:
- Setting UNICEF’s global standards and oversight on how to build, source, curate, invest in and successfully scale up smart, world class portfolios of innovation solutions and act as custodian of the innovation pipeline and its phases.
- Responsible for overall global innovation governance and its mechanisms.
- Performance management including creation, refinement, monitoring, corrective action, and reporting for portfolio-related KPIs from global SP (H6.1), to OOI OMP PCS, innovation Hub and portfolios.
- Design, implement and iterate mechanisms of collaboration, convergence, coordination and rapid sharing and learning across Global
- Innovation Hubs and Portfolios to avoid fragmentation and silos.
- Provide leadership for thought leadership on the above aspects of innovation practice.
- Business owner and steward of the INVENT platform.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in one of the following fields is required Social Science or Humanities, Innovation-related field, International Relations, Business Administration, or another relevant technical field.
- University Degree in a relevant field combined with 3 additional year’s professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 10 year’s relevant professional experience in the areas of innovation and/or social and economic development and cooperation.
- Demonstrate expertise in innovation practice, spanning start-up to scaling innovations, especially in the social and/or development sectors.
- Experience in public advocacy, media engagements, and ability to produce intellectual leadership assets on innovation is highly desirable.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.