Deadline: 11 September 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Associate (Education) in Costa Rica. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- Support to programme development, planning and execution:
- Support the UNICEF technical team in the planning, implementation and evaluation of all programmatic activities.
- Research, analyzes, verifies, synthesizes and compiles qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the education and early childhood development programme to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
- Carry out monthly planning of activities to be implemented within the area of education and early childhood development.
- Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results:
- Prepare monitoring and reporting information for the Education Officer and the Monitor and Evaluation Officer.
- Undertake micro-assessments, spot checks, administrative/financial capacity building and overall processes for managing cash transfers between UNICEF and its counterparts.
- Monitor budgets and financial expenditures, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping his/hers supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
- Support in resource mobilization:
- Research, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information in support of preparing reports pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
- Research, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing the use of programme funds.
- Monitor and tracks the efficient distribution of resources that are required for effective programme delivery.
- Support in Knowledge Management and capacity building:
- Research, analyzes, verifies and synthesizes information on best practices and lessons learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building.
- Support capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in education, psychology, sociology or other social science field is required.
- Minimum 7 years progressively responsible, administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience in social development, planning and programme management in education and related areas.
- Experience in Early Childhood Development, and/ or quality of basic education is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.