Deadline: 20 November 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Associate in Cox’s Bazaar, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Senior Programme Associate will expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to various queries with only general guidance. To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Associate will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Conduct capacity assessment and due diligence on minimum requirements for potential partners including vetting against the UN sanction list.
- Review Projects Review Committee (PRC) notes for the record (NFRs) and ensure the packages are complete to take to Cooperating Partners Committee.
- Support budget analysis and agreements (FLAs) compliance for partners, and advise on any observed discrepancies.
- Organise periodic spot-checks on partner’s utilization of WFP funds in collaboration with Finance Unit.
- Keep track of recommendations raised from partnership performance reviews and ensure respective parties are informed on their follow-up actions.
- Ensure the compliance of the agreements (FLAs) lifecycle including supporting CP training, assessments, and evaluations.
- Support the roll-out of the new UN partners Portal system in Cox Bazar and provide support to WFP and partners staff to successfully use the portal.
- Support tracking of agreements (FLAs)/letter of understanding (LoUs) start-end dates, closure processes and audits.
- Organize capacity building activities such as workshops and training on partnerships aimed at enhancing their performance and strengthen the relationship with WFP.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Degree preferably in Social Sciences, Communication, Law, Public Administration, Governance & Public Policy, International Relations, or development studies.
- 5 years of work experience, 3 of which should be in partnerships management, agreement formulation or equivalent roles.
- Experience in coordinating the work of others and self, training, and supporting others.
- Proficiency in MS Office packages, especially word processing and spreadsheet.
- Specialized knowledge of the application of common business processes, practical business support methods, procedures and systems used, gained through technical training and work experience.
- Good communication skills in order to provide specialized business support services to a wide range of individuals within WFP and externally.
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data and monitor budgets.
- Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals across functions.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bengali languages.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WFP.