Deadline: 2 July 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Associate in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- Review cash related Field Level Agreements (FLAs) and take all necessary actions before, during and after the implementation of the activities.
- Assist programme policy officer in analyzing cash transfer cost in WFP Corporate System (WINGS) and provide required technical assistance to activity managers.
- Assist programme policy officer in developing capacities of WFP and Cooperating Partners’ (CP) staff for cash feasibility analysis, design and implementation, monitoring and reporting of cash activities.
- Assist programme policy officer in conducting researches and analyse a range of policy and operational issues to inform the development of policies, programmes and activities.
- Make field visits to field office and provide required technical assistance to CPs and WFP staff.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs through cash assistance.
- Act as a secretary of internal Cash Working Group meetings and provide required assistance to the chair and co-chair, i.e. meeting arrangement and note taking.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education with a university degree in one of the following disciplines: Social Science, Development Studies, Public Administration, or other related functional areas.
- At least 5 year’s of working experience in humanitarian organizations with having additional experience of Cash Transfers Programming in humanitarian and development context.
- Knowledge of humanitarian assistance and development practice.
- General knowledge of UN system, policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration.
- Knowledge of the political, economic and social situation in Myanmar.
- Knowledge of food security analysis and the data collection, treatment, and manipulation techniques typically associated with it.
- Knowledge of advanced statistics methods and statistical analysis with ability to use statistical software packages (SPSS, SAS, STATA, etc.).
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Myanmar.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.