Deadline: 13 May 2023
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Social & Behavior Change Officer in Cairo, Egypt.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Social & Behavior Change Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support to strategy design and development of S&BC activities
- Research and/or participate in conducting comprehensive S&BC situation analysis of social, cultural, economic, communication and political issues in the country/region. Collect and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information and data to support the establishment of comprehensive and evidence-based information for developing and planning S&BC component.
- Collect, draft and/or organize materials and related documentations for S&BC strategies and plans
- Assess the impact of S&BC activities on the CO and UNICEF goals to achieve measurable behavioral and social change.
- Support to the implementation of S&BC activities
- Provide operational and technical support to the design of S&BC strategies, to ensure maximum outreach and impact on behavioral and social change of target audience.
- Carry out S&BC activities and recommend operational strategies, approaches, plans, methods and procedures.
- Assess and recommend potential contacts, networks, resources and tools to support the maximum outreach of S&BC initiatives.
- Collect, assess information for budget planning and management of programme funds.
- Monitor/track and report the use of resources as planned and verify compliance with organizational guidelines.
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Build and maintain partnerships through networking and proactive collaboration with national and international civil society organizations to reinforce cooperation through engagement, empowerment and self-determination.
- Collaborate with internal global/regional communication partners.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in one of the following fields is required: social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: social development programme planning, communication for development, public advocacy or another related area.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Experience in budgeting and operational support
- Knowledge of Social and Behavioral Change strategies and community engagement
- Strong coordination skills and preferred experience working with diverse partners including government, civil society and media
- Understanding of M&E and reporting methodologies
- Experience in working in gender and children’s portfolios
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.