Deadline: 17 January 2023
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Social & Behavior Change Specialist in Mogadishu, Somalia.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Social & Behavior Change Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Support to strategy design and development of S&BC activities
- Conduct and/or participate in comprehensive S&BC situation analysis of social, cultural, economic and political issues in the country/region, including through national/subnational working groups or committees.
- Assess/synthesize qualitative and quantitative information, data and evidence to support the establishment of comprehensive and evidence-based information for developing and planning the S&BC component of the Country Programme of Cooperation (and UNDAF).
- Participate in country programme planning and reviews to contribute to discussions on the underlying and contextual issues to be addressed (e.g. policies, gender/children inequality, cultural/social behavior etc) to ensure the successful and sustainable delivery of programme results and provide technical recommendations on approaches, strategies and plans of action for S&BC to promote behavioral and social change.
- Implementation of S&BC activities
- Collaborate with, advise and/or consult internal partners and external partners to design S&BC strategies, including formulation, production and testing materials to organize S&BC events and activities to ensure engagement and participation of key audiences, and maximum outreach and impact on behavioral and social change, including in humanitarian response.
- Confirm/verify the technical quality, consistency and relevancy of communications strategies, including materials that are developed, produced and disseminated to target audiences (e.g. individuals, communities, government officials, partners, media etc).
- Recommend appropriate multiple media formats (e.g. print, digital/social media, TV/Radio, Web, community networks, etc.).
- Oversee the production and implementation of multi-media initiatives for compliance with targets and plans that integrate the latest evidence.
- Technical and operational support
- Collaborate with internal CO, RO and/or RO colleagues to contribute to the development of strategies, approaches, policies and the planning of S&BC social and resource mobilization initiatives in support of programmes/projects implementation and delivery of results, including humanitarian response.
- Participate in CO strategic discussions to collaborate on policy and agenda setting for S&BC advocacy and investments and related external relations and resource mobilization initiatives.
- Participate in budget planning and management of programme funds and prepare financial plan for S&BC initiatives. Monitor/track the use of resources as planned and verify compliance with organizational guidelines, rules and regulations and standards of ethics and transparency.
Applicants must have:
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: Social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public, relations or another relevant technical field.
- 7 year’s of experience with an undergraduate degree would also be considered.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) and local language is a must.
- Nationality of Somalia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.