Deadline: 11 March 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Social & Behavior Change Specialist, NOC in Islamabad, Pakistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Social & Behavior Change Specialist, NOC will perform the following functions:
- Support to strategy design and development of SBC activities
- Conduct and/or participate in comprehensive SBC situation analysis of social, cultural, economic, and political issues in the country/region, including through national/subnational working groups or committees.
- Implementation of SBC activities
- Collaborate with, advise and/or consult internal partners and external partners to design SBC strategies, including formulation, production, and testing materials to organize SBC events and activities to ensure engagement and participation of key audiences, and maximum outreach and impact on behavioral and social change, including in humanitarian response.
- Technical and operational support
- Collaborate with internal CO, RO and/or RO colleagues to contribute to the development of strategies, approaches, policies and the planning of SBC social and resource mobilization initiatives in support of programmes/projects implementation and delivery of results, including humanitarian response.
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Identify, build, and maintain partnerships through networking and proactive collaboration with strategic partners, e.g., academia; social networks; celebrities, journalist, media, all sectors/levels of (socially aware) society and critical audience to reinforce cooperation and/or pursue opportunities for SBC advocacy to promote UNICEF mission and goals for child rights, social equity and inclusiveness.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Implement innovative practices, approaches and latest technology on multiple media and social/digital platforms and networks for SBC that are appropriate/available for the CO context and audience.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or above) in social and behavioural science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations, or other related social science field is required.
- University Degree (Bachelor’s) in a relevant field combined with 2 additional year’s professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional experience in areas of social development program planning, communications, and public advocacy and/or related areas at the international and/or large organization some of which preferably were served in a developing country is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.