Deadline: 5 May 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social Protection Officer in Yangon, Myanmar.
The Social Protection Officer will work across the various programmes in the Livelihoods and Food Security Fund (LIFT) Programme Department to achieve LIFT strategic objectives.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Social Protection Officer will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Provide technical expertise and lead the review of LIFT Social Protection Guidelines in accordance with new LIFT strategy (2019-2023) and development of guidance materials for the Fund Management Office (FMO) and implementing partners (IPs).
- Conduct LIFT’s and funded projects’ social protection and inclusion related activities and monitor progress in close collaboration with M&E unit for strengthening programme results.
- Evaluate proposals including work plans and budgets submitted by applicants and provide technical advice ensuring that proposals are in compliance with LIFT’s social protection guidelines, policies and priorities as well as in line with national frameworks where they exist.
- Review of work plans and reports submitted by IPs and ensuring they are sound, in line with contractual obligations and with LIFT policy and priorities.
- Routine monitoring of funded projects’ implementation progress (including regular field visits), activity results and impact, and project budgets.
- Ensure relevant and timely feedback to/from IPs and beneficiaries that contributes to the wider monitoring and evaluation and learning function of LIFT.
- Interact with colleagues and partners to exchange information on operational activity, seek cooperation and resolve routine operational issues.
- Build effective working relationships with relevant government departments and local government administrations associated with LIFT projects to support sustained social inclusion.
- Contribute to LIFT’s semi-annual and annual reports on social protection and inclusion related topics for the Fund.
- Contribute to social protection related reporting to donors and other stakeholders, including analyzing information from implementing partners , developing visual aids for presentational purposes, preparing briefing materials for missions and discussions on project activities and status.
- Undertake needs and resource assessments and recommend additional action that may be necessary to ensure the effectiveness of the Fund and contribute to growing the social protection knowledge base in Myanmar.
- Manage and facilitate the social protection related researches and studies for the Fund as needed
- Maintain detailed knowledge of relevant issues in the livelihoods and food security sectors, in particular on social protection, and promote information sharing among stakeholders to strengthen capacity for policy development, planning and implementation.
- Provide technical advice for the policy work of LIFT to ensure that social protection and inclusion aspects are taken into account in policy advocacy and programming
- Organize and facilitate capacity building and awareness raising activities for FMO and IPs on social protection as deemed necessary.
- Participate and, where required, lead technical meetings and maintain excellent contact with all stakeholders whether in Yangon or in the field.
- Draft terms of reference for social protection and inclusion related contracted services on behalf of the Fund.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor and Fund Director.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s Degree in social sciences, political sciences, education, rural development, economics, public policy, development studies or related fields is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the above fields in combination with additional 2 years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience working on social protection related programme development and implementation, monitoring and evaluation of livelihoods and food security, social protection and inclusion projects in Myanmar is required.
- Demonstrated analytical and research skills, including qualitative methods through published research is desirable (such as academic articles and/or published NGO reports).
- Experience in LIFT’s key focus areas of: nutrition, decent work and labor mobility, agriculture, markets and food systems, and financial inclusion is an asset.
- Demonstrated operational field experience in the Delta area, Rakhine, Chin, Kachin, Kayin and Dry Zone of Myanmar is desirable.
- Previous successful involvement with, and good knowledge of, government, Donor agencies, UN system, NGOs and civil society would be a major asset.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft packages (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access) is required, along with the ability to use software tools to present data clearly and concisely
- Excellent communication and report writing skill in English is required.
- Fluency in both written and spoken Myanmar and English languages are required.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.