Deadline: 16 June 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Social Sector Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Social Sector Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide information and analyses towards the development of strategies for the education sector and TVET projects in Developing Member Countries (DMCs) in consultation with relevant government agencies and Resident Missions (RMs).
- Undertake policy dialogue with government on education policy and sector reforms.
- Participate in country teams and provide inputs on education sector issues for country partnership strategies (CPS).
- Prepare sector assessment and roadmaps to guide educator sector activities in DMCs.
- Conduct economic, thematic and sector work (sector studies, sector policy papers) in the context of sustainable economic development and poverty reduction.
- Coordinate with RMs for consistency of approach, exchange of experiences, and continuous improvement of practices and integration of education sector policy commitments to the management of projects.
- Lead the development, design and administration of loan and technical assistance (TA) projects in the education sector and TVET.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in the Social Sectors or other related fields.
- University Degree in the Social Sectors or other related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 6 year’s of relevant professional experience in the education sector and TVET and in project administration.
- International experience working in several countries.
- Proven application of expertise within a specific area, or breadth across multiple areas with in-depth knowledge within one area.
- Ability to utilize and share relevant knowledge to benefit the broader ADB community.
- Ability to act as a team leader when required with supervision from the Director or a more senior team leader.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.