Deadline: 31 January 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Special Assistant to the Executive Director in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Special Assistant will be responsible for ensuring that the Executive Director’s schedule is strategic, that information flows to/from the Executive Director are smooth, and that logistical arrangements for the Executive Director are effective.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Special Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Provide coordination and liaison support to the Under-Secretary General/Executive Director and oversee her schedule:
- Provide coordination support to the Executive Director in interactions with internal and external stakeholders, including partners, other UN entities, members of the Senior Management Team and others.
- Coordinate the Executive Director’s agenda; evaluate and keep track of important events and meetings, and advise on priorities and critical meetings requiring the Executive Director’s presence.
- Coordinate preparations for the Executive Director’s participation in meetings and missions/key events.
- Follow up on action points resulting from meetings of the Executive Director, including coordinating minutes and briefings to staff as appropriate.
- Ensure good information flows to/from the Executive Director.
- Coordinate the provision of substantive support to the Executive Director:
- Coordinate the provision of substantive and technical support to the Executive Director, including provision of policy inputs on issues as appropriate, to facilitate representation with UN Women personnel.
- Review, prepare and/or organize information and briefing materials for the Executive Director for meetings, ensure that relevant staff are informed and/or called to attend.
- Input in and clear briefing notes, talking points, and other briefing materials for the Executive Director; escalate issues to the Head of Office or other senior EO officials as required.
- Provide substantive knowledge management support:
- Support the Head of Office to oversee a system for the timely monitoring and analysis of information and requirements highlighting critical issues for Executive Director’s review and action.
- Keep the Executive Director informed of incoming correspondence requiring her attention, provide sound input as appropriate to facilitate decision making and ensure follow-up action, as directed.
- Oversee liaison and documentation support to the Executive Director.
- Facilitate clearances by the Executive Director of correspondence and official documents in consultation with the Head of Office.
- Ensure timely follow up to Executive Director’s directives, including the effective dissemination of pertinent information to senior management and other relevant personnel in UN Women.
- Provide high level administrative and logistical support:
- Participate with the Executive Director in public official engagements, determine adequate UN Women representation and ensure all protocol arrangements are in place.
- Manage the planning and organization of the Executive Director’s official travel, including the timely preparation of logistics and official travel files and background documents, as well as ensure the preparation of official travel reports.
- Ensure timely receipt of notes and readouts upon the Executive Director’s return from duty travel and distribute as agreed.
- Support the establishment of adequate arrangements for executive support to the Executive Director.
- Perform other official duties and special assignments which may be requested by the Head of the Executive Office.
- Key Performance Indicators:
- The Executive Director’s schedule is strategic and reflects her priorities.
- Executive Director’s participation in internal and external meetings are well prepared, on time on scope and as requested.
- Quality and timeliness of technical inputs on documents as requested.
- Information flows to/from the Executive Director are smooth.
- Strong collaboration with other offices.
Protocols are followed as needed and travel is organized in a timely manner.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in one of the following disciplines: social sciences, political science, international relations, business administration or management, public administration, or other related fields.
- At least 5 year’s of progressively varied responsible experience with international organizations.
- Experience in the United Nations system.
- Experience of working on gender equality, women’s rights and international development cooperation will be an asset.
- Previous experience in supporting head office management and coordination functions an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.