Deadline: 17 June 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Team Leader – Emergency in Farah Province, Afghanistan.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Team Leader – Emergency will perform the following functions:
- Programme Management
- The Team Leader – Emergency is responsible to supervise the Emergency Teams in the Western Region.
- Rapid needs assessments.
- Beneficiary selection processes according to ERM Common Rational and DRC mandate.
- Emergency response distributions.
- Planning and implementation of activities.
- Data collection and analysis through Mobile Data Collection.
- Usually mentoring the Emergency Program Officers.
- Post distribution monitoring.
- Ensure the policies, procedures, and practices of DRC as expressed in the administrative guidelines are fully adhered and followed.
- Ensure cooperation with admin and adhere the policies.
- Supporting finance procedures and follow DRC.
- Ensure program documents storage.
- Monitoring and reporting.
- Following DRC monitoring and reporting policy.
- Constant supervision of the program progress.
- Reporting to line manager.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Higher education qualification in development or relevant social science.
- Good understanding of displacement issues of both internally displaced and refugees.
- Good experience of working directly with Afghan communities and local authorities.
- Experience of implementing emergency response projects.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Experience of external relations.
- Monitoring and evaluation experience and/or experience of survey and assessment work.
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant work experience for a humanitarian organization.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Dari and/or Pashto.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.