Deadline: 7 August 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Team Leader-Livelihoods in Sittwe, Myanmar.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Team Leader-Livelihoods will perform the following functions:
- In coordination with the Livelihoods PM and other field staff, plan, organize and undertake DRC’s livelihood and community-building activities in IDP communities and host communities.
- Primarily responsible for respective team, either geographic or project distinction.
- Lead livelihoods/community team in daily field activities in IDP communities and host communities.
- Lead teams in the delivery of trainings for community members/groups in TVET, or other LLH related capacity building activities such as income generation and small-business development.
- Lead the team by creating and reviewing team and individual workplans.
- Lead teams for the conduct needs assessments and support in planning of new income-generating activities.
- Support in establishing and maintaining relationships with community representatives, government counterparts, and other humanitarian agencies, ensuring transparency and coordination.
- In coordination with the Livelihood PM and other field staff, liaise with Admin, Finance, and Logistics staff for organizing and planning of assistance delivery.
- Assumes accountability for the financial, procurement, logistical requirements of all staff report to him/her.
- Ensure that all support related documentation should be in DRC standards and guidelines.
- Ensure that activities conducted by livelihood/community Team follow DRC standards and guidelines.
- Keep accurate data records; prepare internal reports updating on activities (in English).
- Staff management for respective TEAM members, provide coaching, mentoring, advising, performance evaluations, and capacity development.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (BA/BSc) in Social Sciences, Economics, Business, Management or other relevant field.
- Advanced Degree preferred.
- 3 year’s relevant work experience in the field of vocational skills trainings, income generation and community mobilization, preferably working with a humanitarian or development organization.
- Demonstrated ability to build trusting relationships with communities, governments and experience of participatory needs assessments.
- At least 3 year’s experience in leading a team and providing mentorship to peers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as having a good knowledge of cultural sensitivity, with the ability to lead teams with minimum support.
- Flexible and prepared to travel intensively in the region by car and boat, including IDP camps and rural villages in Sittwe and other area.
- Prepared to work with both Rakhine and Muslim communities.
- Good analytical skills especially on markets focused on job markets and computer skills (especially Word and Excel).
- Fluency in English reading, writing and speaking.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.