Deadline: 17 July 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Technical Officer will perform the following functions:
- Serve as focal point for inter-agency strategic processes, including but not limited to:
- Monitor developments, outcomes of meetings, policy proposals of concern for WHO/WRE that staff are informed in a timely manner to enable WHO/WRE to fulfill their mandate.
- Ensure IASC policies are integrated in WRE policies and strategies, as well as to WHO HQ, Regional and Country Offices and Global Health Cluster (GHC).
- Solicit input in policy development and/or evaluation work of relevance to GHC, IASC and other key partners’ positions from entities throughout WHO, and ensuring that strategic issues related to emergency risk management and humanitarian actions are incorporate into inter-agency documents.
- Review and assess development of new and/or revised strategies and policies emanating from IASC, UN, key partners and stakeholders, and other humanitarian inter-agency bodies.
- Represent WHO/WRE at IASC subsidiary bodies as directed, through participation to discussions, evaluation of results and, within the delegation of authority, proposing remedial action and/or improved strategies and policies in line with WHO/WRE decisions and commitments, as part of multi-disciplinary and cross-cutting approaches and activities to further and effective.
- Assist Senior Policy Adviser, IPE in representation at the IASC Operational Policy and Advocacy Group and other IASC subsidiary bodies as directed.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in social science, political science, international relations, development studies or a related field relevant to the position.
- At least 7 year’s of progressively responsible experience in the field of international relations, political and inter-agency humanitarian affairs in the area of emergency or health activities.
- Demonstrated experience at the international level.
- Experience in WHO, UN Agencies or an other international NGOs.
- Experience with Health and Peace programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of inter-agency activities,with proven ability to summarize technical discussions in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work in a proactive and independent manner, multi-task and produce results under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to respect and promote individual and cultural differences.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
- Intermediate knowledge of Other WHO Language.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.