Deadline: 20 July 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer (Health Economics & Health Planning) in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Technical Officer (Health Economics & Health Planning) will perform the following functions:
- Support Member States policy-making processes in relation to strategic purchasing (40%):
- Planning Legislation on health Reforms (cross-sectoral, public finance management, decentralization).
- Review and development of strategic documents and national policies.
- Financing Health financing strategy development Provider payment mechanism reforms Benefit package design and implementation Public Private Partnership.
- Co-facilitate regional events, including but not limited to (20%).
- Production of WHO public goods (30%):
- Support TIP HEP in production of National Health Accounts of SEAR countries, including disease classification use expansion.
- Research on health financing: manage follow up with WHO collaborating centers and contributing to generate regional intelligence on health financing.
- Global reporting follow up, including SDGs related reporting and WHO workplans.
- Administration requirements (10%)
- Submit an assignment report on completion of assignment (mandatory).
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Medical or social sciences graduate degree (economics, statistics, sociology or similar).
- Master’s Degree in health policy, public health, health financing or similar areas of work.
- At least 5 year’s experience in national level health policy making in low and middle income countries, including some years of international experience.
- Experience in health financing research.
- Experience in producing, health budget analysis, provider payment mechanisms reforms, health facilities costing studies and national health accounts.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point and relevant web-based literature search engines.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.