Deadline: 13 July 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Specialist, Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Technical Specialist, Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical guidance and advisory support to the Ministry of Social Welfare, Relief and Resettlement (MSWRR) to strengthen alignment with CEDAW principles and other global norms and standards on Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women
- Provide technical and advisory support to the development of annual work plans for the implementation of the relevant priority areas under the National Strategic Plan for the Advancement of Women.
- Provide technical support to the MSWRR (DSW) in coordinating UN and development partners support towards advancing Myanmar’s position to international, regional, and national commitments on gender equality, women’s rights and the empowerment of women and girls.
- Provide technical ,advisory and policy support on international normative and intergovernmental processes including CEDAW, UPR, Beijing Platform for Action, UNSCR1325, the ASEAN Committee on Women, the ASEAN Commission on Promotion and Protection of Rights of Women and Children.
- Provide technical and advisory support to the work of the MNCW Technical Working Groups
- Provide technical assistance and coordination support to other line ministries to ensure GEWE commitments are fulfilled as needed.
- Provide technical and logistical support in the design, development and implementation of capacity building activities.
- Provide coordination support to the four technical working groups for NSPAW implementation in close coordination with the Women’s Development Department and Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment Coordination Group (GEWECG)
- Review and identify bottlenecks in GEWE coordination and provide hands on assistance to strengthen coordination and promote coherence and consistency across all the TWGs and with other relevant GEWE structures and mechanisms.
- Provide day to day guidance to the national staff provided under the four Technical Working Groups and ensure close coordination and harmonization between the TWGs In close coordination with the Programme Specialist.
- Strengthen DSW-led monitoring and reporting mechanisms, including development of tools and preparation of reports on the progress, achievements, gaps and challenges related to NSPAW implementation.
- Prepare policy briefs, background documents, training material and other relevant information packages to inform DSW led policy and programming efforts.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 year’s of progressively responsible work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building.
- Experience working on gender equality and women’s empowerment is required.
- Experience in providing technical and coordination assistance to government, CSOs and/or development partners is required.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Myanmar is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.