Deadline: 13 January 2022
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Unit Head in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Unit Head will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical leadership, coordination and managerial support within the Department/Programme, in the Unit of Community Readiness and Resilience ensuring that activities in this area are carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Develop and propose technical health policies and strategies for implementation through collaboration with Regional and Country Offices and provides advice in developing further the community readiness and resilience for strengthening and improving technical capacity of target clienteles.
- Oversee a unit of technical teams specialized in various domains within their area of expertise and facilitates the efficient flow of team synergies.
- Manage the programme area in delivering its objectives through efficient managing a small team of technical staff, financial resources and effective work planning to optimize the programme’s deliverables in line with the mandate of the Organization.
- Lead and conduct research on best practices inimplementing programmes and activities and dissemination of information for capacity building in the respective area of work.
- Manage the monitoring and evaluation and reporting of the subject area of work of key performance indicators and reporting requirements and mechanisms to optimize performance of Programme deliverables.
Applicants must have:
- An advanced level University Degree in Medicine, Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Systems/Health Services Management, Social Science or related area.
- Minimum 10 year’s professional experience in the management of health emergencies at international, national and local levels, including a deep understanding of WHO health emergency works and functions as well as structural and functional dynamics of country public health system and programs within national and local government.
- Experience working with Civil Society Organizations and humanitarian partners during health emergency preparedness and response, donor engagement and resource mobilization, including experience in the area of health policies and strategies.
- Demonstrate experience managing human and financial resources.
- Experience working in WHO preferably at the three levels of the organization.
- Relevant work experience on health emergencies at fragile, conflict and vulnerable settings addressing complex issues and challenges together with other UN agencies, development partners, relevant nongovernmental, civil societies, or community based organizations.
- Concrete skills in the planning and coordination of multidisciplinary public health programmes, which may include the implementation of a public health/disease control programmes.
- Strong skills in the area of developing and establishing polices and strategies.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.