Deadline: 5 July 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping (VAM) Assistant in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping (VAM) Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Support the Team Lead on overall mVAM project implementation.
- Lead the automation of mVAM survey data analysis and support the design and creation/maintaining of food security and markets functionality trends in real-time dashboards/interactive reports (in Tableau).
- Work with the VAM and M&E teams to support all remote monitoring activities- on markets and household vulnerability tracking.
- Support management, design and implementation of food security and vulnerability analysis monitoring systems, ensuring such analysis are timely and responsive to programmatic needs and adjustments.
- Maintain an updated register of mVAM survey respondents (households and traders).
- Support qualitative data collection processes through focus group discussions and key informant interviews with refugee households and host community, and support qualitative data analysis processes.
- Support the development of information products such as the bi-monthly seasonal monitor, price watch or bulletins and food security monitoring reports.
- Support learning and capacity development activities on the use of remote mobile data collection tools for food security and vulnerability analysis.
- Testing online surveys as a new way of reaching people.
- Perform any other duty as required by line supervisor, related to VAM.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in social sciences, environmental studies, food security, agriculture, statistics, development economics, or other related fields.
- At least 2 year’s of progressively responsible professional experience in food security, vulnerability analysis, or a closely related area, such as remote sensing and GIS.
- Experience in undertaking remote monitoring surveys, qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Experience working in call center or carrying our large numbers of surveys/ interviews an advantage.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office – especially Excel and Access database (ability to make queries, merge databases, etc).
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and Bangla.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.