Deadline: 3 July 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Officer in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The WASH Officer will perform the following functions:
- Programme development and planning
- Draft updates for WASH in the situation analysis, to inform the development of WASH-related outcome and output results.
- Research and report on trends in WASH, for use in programme development, management, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Under the framework of national WASH coordination platform/sectoral cluster, in conjunction with other WASH stakeholders and on behalf of UNICEF, support the overall analysis of sectoral needs and priorities and the definition of strategies and standards to ensure the delivery of safe drinking water to affected population, in accordance with national and international humanitarian standards.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and partners to collect/analyze/ share information on implementation issues, provide solutions on routine programme implementation and alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level interventions and/or decisions.
- Keep records of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
- In coordination with Health section / Health-related partners, conduct assessments and monitoring of water quality among affected populations, ensuring corrective measures are taken to address identified problems.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields is required: public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, sanitary engineering or another relevant technical field.
- Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main degree are a strong asset.
- Minimum 2 year’s of professional work experience in WASH-related programmes for humanitarian response is required.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.