Deadline: 3 July 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Officer in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Officer will perform the following functions:
- Programme development and planning
- Draft updates for WASH in the situation analysis, to inform the development of WASH-related outcome and output results.
- Research and report on trends in WASH, for use in programme development, management, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Under the framework of national WASH coordination platform/sectoral cluster, in conjunction with other WASH stakeholders and on behalf of UNICEF, support the overall analysis of sectoral needs and priorities and the definition of strategies and standards to ensure the delivery of safe drinking water to affected population, in accordance with national and international humanitarian standards.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and partners to collect/analyze/ share information on implementation issues, provide solutions on routine programme implementation and alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level interventions and/or decisions.
- Keep records of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
- In coordination with Health section / Health-related partners, conduct assessments and monitoring of water quality among affected populations, ensuring corrective measures are taken to address identified problems.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields is required: public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, sanitary engineering or another relevant technical field.
- Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main degree are a strong asset.
- Minimum 2 year’s of professional work experience in WASH-related programmes for humanitarian response is required.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.