Deadline: 6 February 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Specialist in Bangkok, Thailand.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The WASH Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Support countries in private sector engagement (WASH4Work strategy), Market assessment and sector financing and coordination and management of the regional WASH KM functions
- Develop and updates for WASH in the situation analysis in WASH financing, private sector energumen, to inform the development of WASH-related outcome and output results.
- Research and report on trends in WASH financing and market assessment, for use in programme development, management, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Prepare technical reports, briefs and inputs for programme preparation and documentation, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and relevance of information in different areas of WASH.
- Support countries policies briefs and WASH financing strategies, Business cases and investment cases.
- Development of cutting-edge knowledge products in various areas of UNICEF work
- Assist in the identification of new ideas, research and knowledge in the WASH sector and develop a plan for collection and dissemination.
- Connect with other organization and knowledge institutions that can support UNICEF’s effort in that direction.
- Support of the capacity building activities in a new area
- Assist in the development, implementation, monitoring and documentation of WASH action research and innovation (technical or systems).
- Assist in the preparation of learning/knowledge products, covering innovative approaches and good practices, to support overall WASH sector development.
- Assist in creating and delivering learning opportunities for UNICEF WASH staff in the EAP region, to ensure our sector capacity remains up-to-date with latest developments.
- Support donors reporting and country progress monitoring
- Draft all the donors report and provide data analysis to inform on the accuracy of the report submitted by country offices.
- Analyze countries WASH data and provide information for country support and orientations.
Collect and document best practice and human-interest stories for donor reporting.
- Facilitate and update all the WASH related online information tools and platforms (SharePoint, yammer, WASH in Emergency toolkit etc.) on a periodic basis and maintain up-to-date information of access and use.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, sanitary engineering or other specialist field related to WASH is required.
- First University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional year’s of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main degree is a strong asset.
- Minimum 5 year’s of professional work experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries.
- Verbal and written proficiency in English and another UN language is required.
- Skills in managing and operating web pages, web design, SharePoint sites, use of publisher etc. will be an additional asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.