Deadline: 21 March 2023
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Young Professional Officer (Evaluation) in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Young Professional Officer (Evaluation) will perform the following functions-
- Participate actively and productively in multidisciplinary evaluation teams, often with internal and external partners.
- Apply rigorous analytic thinking to analyse data, interpret the resulting statistics and generate effective visualizations.
- Contribute to analyses of FAO’s portfolio of work to inform evaluation designs, leveraging data analytic techniques to analyse large amounts of structured and unstructured data.
- Produce data, code and documentation files to facilitate quality assurance, replication and use.
- Collaborate in developing tools to monitor FAO’s portfolio, such as developing dashboards and visualizations.
- Support research and evaluations across FAO’s portfolio of emergency, resilience, and development projects and programmes
Applicant must have:
- Advanced university degree in a social science field (such as economics, sociology, or psychology), data science, statistics, survey methods, evaluation, or other closely related fields.
- 1 year of experience in evaluation or in using data science techniques in support of research or evaluation.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.