Deadline: 16 July 2020
Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Youth and Social Cohesion Coordinator in Pakistan.
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Youth and Social Cohesion Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate and implement all assigned project activities for assigned locations as outlined in the detailed implementation plan, in line with VSO program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Develop and design capacity building, training contents / manual for the Staff and Youth groups on Social Cohesion / peacebuilding and dispute resolution / conflict prevention.
- To improve the skills and capacity of the PROJECT team to deliver a conflict prevention and Social Cohesion -orientated project in a context-sensitive way.
- To support the PROJECT team in the development of context-sensitive IEC materials and media/social media messaging related to Social Cohesion and conflict prevention.
- To build the capacity of the PROJECT team, youth groups, women’s groups and community to analyse the causes of tensions/conflicts and find ways to deal with tensions and disputes before they escalate that are inclusive of youth and women.
- Facilitate trainings and workshops on emotional resilience and life skills, conflict dynamics, community mapping and planning, and social cohesion dialogue of different stake holders in project areas, coach NVs and community volunteers as they develop skills and design and implement community social cohesion projects.
- Maintain and strengthen partnerships with local and international partners to ensure high quality implementation, applying appropriate partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree required preferably in social sciences.
- Minimum 5 year’s of work experience in project support.
- At least 1 year of experience working on community-level social issues for an NGO.
- Working experience of USAID funded projects is preferable.
- Experience training and facilitating workshops on sensitive topics required.
- Experience with social cohesion and conflict resolution dialogue or initiatives preferred.
- Experience engaging with local partner organizations strongly preferred.
- Experience in participatory action planning, community-based project implementation, and community engagement required.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent understanding of project cycle management tools and demonstrated experience of organisational assessment, planning and review tools and processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit VSO.