Deadline: 26 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Administrative & Finance Officer in Somalia.
The Administrative & Finance Officer will be accountable for delivery of efficient and cost effective administrative support services, providing guidance for operations of administrative support services and management of administrative staff.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative & Finance Officer will perform the following functions-
- Contributes to strategic planning and monitoring of administrative matters at country/sub-country level as necessary.
- Provides practical input on implementation of administrative guidelines, in close coordination with the head of office, operation staff/ supervisor.
- Monitors the budget in close coordination with supervisor to ensure that objectives stipulated early in the fiscal year are realized for smooth operations of the office including sub-country (zone) offices and out postings where applicable.
- Prepares monitors and controls the administrative budget.
- Ensures the timely and cost-effective provision of basic office services including space management, equipment, communications and security to enhance staff safety and productivity.
- Supports the Inter-Agency Operations Management Team’s approaches for enhancing UN common services to attain efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Helps negotiate and administer matters relating to office premises, utilities and services with vendors and agencies.
- Supports property management of administrative supplies, office equipment and vehicles, updating inventory of items, serving as ex-officio member to the Property Survey Board where applicable.
- Ensures that all administrative transactions and arrangements of contracts are in compliance with the applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Collaborates on the development of training activities to ensure effective performance in administrative services management.
- Collaborates with other agencies, local authorities and implementing partners on administrative matters including information exchange and harmonization.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in social sciences, business management, administration, finance or any other relevant field of discipline.
- 2 years of relevant professional work experience with both national and International work experience in office management, administration, finance, accounting, ICT, human resources, supply or any other relevant function.
- Work experience in emergency duty station.
- Fluency of the local language of the duty station.
- Proficiency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.