Deadline: 14 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of HR and Admin Assistant in Mogadishu, Somalia. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The HR and Admin Assistant will support the Management and Administration for the section in accordance with relevant established policies and procedures governing Administration and Human Resources activities.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The HR and Admin Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Liaises with UNDP and other UN agencies when appropriate to ensure consistency with other UN wide regulations and rules (SSAFE, UN Training, etc…).
- Monitor and track status of all request and initiate follow up action to ensure selection review submission is timely, accurate and contains complete documentations.
- Draft and submitted all correspondence and related documentation for the signature of designated Authority.
- Ensure coordination with Logistics Unit on all logistics for newly appointed personnel.
- Preparation of ID documentation for newly appointed personnel.
- Maintain up to date staff records and verify personnel information as necessary.
- Secure management of personnel records for all personnel.
- Ensure proper filing system and all relevant documents fulfilling audit requirements are in place.
- Ensure proper filing of all approved leave request and all relevant documents fulfilling audit requirements are in place.
- Monitor status of movement of personal, follow up with project managers on attendance sheet accuracy.
- Provides customer with details about the travel inquiries such as visa requirements and mandatory inoculations required by the health Authorities before the travel commences.
- Support the Admin and HR Officer in providing overall guidance to Admin and HR personnel on development and establishment of monthly work plan.
- Revision of unit objectives to make sure that personnel are in line with ongoing priorities of the Unit.
Applicants must have-
- High school Diploma is required.
- Degree in Administration, HR Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance and Economics or any other related field.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Administration, Human Resource/ Business Administration related field.
- Fluency in oral and written and English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.