Deadline: 25 November 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations – Senior Assistant in Baidoa, Somalia.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Operations – Senior Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Assist the HEMS operations team in day-to-day activities for contracted teams, analyzing team tasks and checking reports.
- Visit task sites to monitor Quality Assurance (QA) Quality Control (QC) & assure the progress of field service delivery by the contractors.
- Coordinate land release and handover of cleared sites in collaboration with SEMA and contractors.
- Identify potential clearance task sites in coordination with the affected land users and SEMA.
- Facilitate and supports the provision and issuance of tasking order to the contractors delivering services to mitigate explosive threats across the Federal Member States (FMS) and state level.
- Provide assist the project to develop routine and ad hoc-reports on operational activities and during formal incidents/accidents BOI investigations.
- Verify project information management by updating project filing and documents, control the share driver/systems and ensure all project memories are properly archived.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) with a minimum 1 year’s relevant experience is required.
- High School (Secondary or equivalent) with 5 year’s relevant experience is required.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in programme management, project management, project development, project administration, operation support or administration support.
- Experience in report writing is required.
- Experience in Explosive Hazard Management is highly desired.
- Fluency in English and Somali (speaking, reading and writing) is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.