Deadline: 29 June 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations – Senior Assistant in Beledweyne, Somalia.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Operations – Senior Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Assist the SNA operation team in managing day-to-day activities/IED training for SNA teams, analyzing team tasks and checking reports.
- Collect and organize the data/information reported by the SNA C-IED teams.
- Facilitate and supports the provision and issuance of tasking order to the contractors delivering services to mitigate improvise explosive device (IED) threats across the Federal Member States (FMS) and state level.
- Lead role in liaison between UNMAS and SNA commanders/ relevant stakeholders including implementing partners, local communities, clan/elders, relevant FMS ministries, national authorities, and partners from other programs.
- Assist in routine logistical and administrative duties and monitor equipment issued to the SNA C-IED teams and equipment loaned to implementing partners.
- Organize routine field visits to assess the service delivery of the partner and assist to measure the impact of the services delivered by the contractor and mission in general.
- Organize and provides the general regional political updates to the project management team.
Provide assist the project to develop routine and adhoc-reports on operational activities.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) with a minimum 1 year’s relevant experience is required.
- High School (Secondary or equivalent) with 5 year’s relevant experience is required.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in programme management, project management, project development, project administration or administration support.
- Experience in report writing is required.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Fluency in English and Somali(speaking, reading and writing) is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.