Deadline: 16 August 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist in Hargeisa, Somalia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Specialist will be responsible for providing strategic advice and overall implementation and monitoring for both project outputs and activities assigned to them.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Participate in the planning, prioritizing and sequencing of project activities in close coordination with the Project Manager and Project Team.
- Support the programme/project manager and the Country Office in fundraising for the project.
- Provide other advice and support as may be required by the UNDP and the government as is to be expected in a dynamic process of change.
- Participate in review of the work plan and budget on a monthly/quarterly basis in view of prioritizing activities.
- Provide Technical Guidance and oversee the implementation of all work with the partners on gender equality and women’s empowerment as well as HIV and AIDS.
- Contribute in leading and coordinating the project teams in project implementation and operation.
- Coordinate the implementation of activities as outlined in the project documents.
- Ensure day to day direction and management of the components of the projects.
- Coordinate inputs into annual results-based work plans, project budgets and results and resources framework as endorsed by the management.
- Ensure project compliance with corporate rules and regulations in the field and management of procurement processes and logistical services.
- Help build capacity of national counterparts through on the job-training and regular briefings on new tools and skills related to initiatives implemented under the project.
- Contribute to the identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned from the project for organizational sharing and learning.
- Actively participate in the knowledge networks and takes advantage of best practices and lessons learned that are available in the zonal, national, region and globally.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree preferably in Economics, Business Administration, Development Studies, Political science , Public Health, or related areas.
- First level university degree in related fields with minimum 4 years relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in development issues, Gender, HIV/AIDS is required with an advanced university degree.
- Experience with ATLAS or another platform for enterprise financial resource management an asset.
- Previous experience with UNDP or UN Women (ex-UNIFEM) preferred and good knowledge of UNDP rules and procedures is desirable.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Somali are required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.