Deadline: 14 June 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist in Mogadiscio, Somalia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Specialist will be responsible for providing strategic advice and overall implementation and monitoring for the project outputs and activities assigned to them.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Participate in the planning, prioritizing and sequencing of project activities in close coordination with the Project Manager and Project Team.
- Support the programme/project manager and the Country Office in fundraising for the project.
- Provide other advice and support as may be required by the UNDP and the government as is to be expected in a dynamic process of change.
- Participate in review of the work plan and budget on a monthly/quarterly basis in view of prioritizing activities.
- Coordinate and manage the overall delivery of the project in an effective and efficient manner, working closely with relevant governmental authorities and other partners.
- Provide operational advice to the Project Board/Steering Committee on the implementation of the different aspects of the project.
- Assist in recruitment and supervision of technical and training expertise as required for implementation of the project.
- Contribute in leading and coordinating the project team in project implementation and operation.
- Coordinate the implementation of activities as outlined in the project document.
- Ensure day to day direction and management of the components of the project.
- Develop an Annual Work plan (AWP) and annual budget with timeframes, activities, outputs and outcomes in line with the Results & Resource Framework.
- Review the work plan and budget on a monthly basis in view of prioritizing activities.
- Help build capacity of national counterparts through on the job-training and regular briefings on new tools and skills related to initiatives implemented under the project.
- Contribute to the identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned from the project for organizational sharing and learning.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree and 2 years of experience preferably in Economics, Business Administration, Development Studies or related areas.
- First level university degree in the above and 4 years of experience in development, employment creation, agriculture, and natural resource management may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience at the national and international level in international development issues is required with an advanced university degree.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience at the national and international level in international development issues combined with first level university degree is required.
- Fluency oral and written in English and Somali is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.