Deadline: 22 June 2021
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of National Project Coordinator in Pretoria, South Africa. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Project Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Close collaboration with the Skills Specialist, support the effective implementation of Joint Programme activities in South Africa with criteria of timeliness, quality and effectiveness, ensuring the achievement of planned results in the time frame and within budget, in accordance with regional programme requirements and the policies, values and procedures of the ILO.
- Support the implementation of a National Digital Skills Innovation Challenge under the Joint Programme for South Africa.
- Support the effective communication of the South Africa Joint Programme’s objective and results to internal and external audiences through developing content for communication products such as flyers, brochures and social media material as well as actively supporting their dissemination
- Maintain partnerships with organisations and constituents working on the implementation of the National Digital and Future Skills Strategy.
- Provide substantive and logistical support in the preparation of Technical Working Group as well as National Advisory Committee meetings, including by preparing concept notes, agendas, minutes, action points, presentations as well as organizational and coordination support.
- Assist in coordination of activities under SAMM project Output 1.4, with a particular focus on 1.4.1. National assessments and capacity building on uptake of SADC regional qualifications framework and other mechanisms for skills recognition and mobility, including support to experts identification, technical supervision of consultants’ deliverables and organisation of capacity building activities, in close collaboration with the SAMM Programme Manager.
- Regular update the SAMM and ILO/ITU project and programme work plans and ensure their timely implementation.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in economics, international development, public policy, social science, or a related discipline/field.
- At least 2 year’s professional experience in the area of project coordination and implementation and a solid background in at least one of the core technical areas of work skills development, youth employment programmes and projects, labour migration programmes or projects and/or development projects on job creation in the digital economy.
- Prior experience in the field of communication for development is considered an asset.
- Experience in working with other ILO projects or with government agencies, social partners or civil society organizations would be an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral command of English.
- Knowledge of local languages would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.