Deadline: 28 September 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Assistant in Pretoria, South Africa.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Procurement Assistant will provide assistance and support in the management of procurement activities, which includes collections of information, maintenance of records and preparation of documentation and correspondence pertaining to the related activities.
- Make timely and correct ordering which has a direct impact on the efficiency of programme implementation.
- Recommend selection of Suppliers for larger purchase orders.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or University courses related to procurement, business administration, contract/commercial law, or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant administrative experience in procurement and or contracting.
- Understanding of development and humanitarian work is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Nationality of South Africa.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.