Deadline: 18 January 2021
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Operations Officer in Johannesburg, South Africa. The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Operations Officer will perform the following functions-
- Serve as one of two regional leads for CMA in Southern Africa, playing a leading role across the various CMA tools and offerings.
- Work closely with IFC Upstream, Investments and Advisory staff in Southern Africa as well as World Bank staff to design and ensure implementation of programs supporting reforms prioritized in IFC’s country strategies that address bottlenecks faced by investors in IFC’s priority sectors, using a variety of WBG tools and offerings.
- Play a leading role executing strategic initiatives to enhance the CMA practice in SSA, innovate new projects and build new business in line with the WBG/IFC country strategy, and deliver high quality Advisory engagements to the Government and private sector in Southern Africa.
- Directly lead the CMA program in several countries of the region, working closely with the IFC Country Managers for those countries.
- Be a member of the CMA Leadership Team for SSA working with the Manager and other Leads for Southern and Eastern Africa to shape the CMA program for the region.
- Report directly to the Manager, Creating Markets Advisory for Southern and Eastern Africa, with a second line to one of the relevant Country Managers.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in finance, business, economics or a closely related field, or professional certification (CPA, CFA).
- 12-15 year’s experience in private sector development, with a focus on delivering investment climate reforms in at least 2 regions and across a variety of markets.
- Strong skills and demonstrated track record in delivering advisory engagements in the area of investment climate reform.
- Understand of IFC and WBG products/ instruments and where there are opportunities for cross-organizational collaboration.
- Experience working on IFC and WBG products will be an advantage.
- Understand the implications of different policy and regulatory frameworks governing the thematic areas.
- Ability to design, negotiate and lead efforts to develop client offerings that reflect in-depth knowledge of thematic area and understanding of business case for how thematic focus will help client to improve their business.
- Ability to identify how changes in markets, business climate, regulations or emergence of new/ successful innovators/ disruptors may create new opportunities for IFC to accelerate its mandate in a thematic area.
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and aptitude to learn new systems is a must.
- Ability to use project management systems is a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills plus fluency in English is must.
- Strong French and/or Portuguese skills preferred.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.